How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Friday, November 17, 2006

What To Watch

My pal Just Rose asked in the comments yesterday, “What's good on tv?” So here’s what I’ve been watching lately:

“The Office” – Probably the one comedy that I have to watch every week. It helps that I work in an office where I see people who are similar to the characters on the show. But this is probably the second funniest show on TV right now. Best show on broadcast television.

“Breaking Bonaduce” – I am 100% serious about this: this is the one show that I HAVE to watch. It’s the most fascinating show on TV, in my opinion. It is riveting, because it looks like at any time Danny could either: a) kill himself; b) kill someone else; or c) both. And the thing is, I don’t like any of the people on the show. He’s a douchebag. His wife is a major bitch (which is understandable considering she’s married to him, but she really does suck). The therapist looks like David Gest and is creepy-looking like a child molester. I seriously think that if everyone watched this show for one episode, they’d be hooked. Especially from last season. I know no one doesn’t really want to watch some former child star in his reality show, but it is unlike the other celebrity reality shows. This guy has genuine problems, and they don’t have to deal with spoiled kids wanting to be stars like “The Osbournes” and “Hogan Knows Best.” His kids actually seem okay, which is probably why they don’t get a lot of camera time. This isn’t a feel-good show at all. It just makes you realize that when you’re life really seems fucked up, that it’s not nearly as fucked up as his. Not even close.

“Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” and “30 Rock” – I’m not putting these down because they both deal with the off-camera aspects of a “Saturday Night Live”-like show. I’m putting it down because I’ve been watching them both since they debuted (to much hype) and they’re okay, but nothing too good. Sometimes they have great moments, but most of the time they’re all over the place. Yet, I’m sticking with them. For now at least. They’ll both probably not last more than a season anyway, but maybe the good moments will be more frequently.

“The Soup” – This is the funniest show on TV right now. And I would say that this is the show to watch if you don’t watch anything else during the week. I think everyone should watch it. You can catch up on most of pop culture in a half hour, and it’s the funniest thing you’ll see. I think sometimes I could be a writer for this show, but then they pull some shit out that makes me realize that I have no talent at all. If you watch this show and don’t laugh at least once, you’re dead on the inside. Or maybe just have no sense of humor at all.

Well, I think those are the only shows I Tivo for myself. I also watch “South Park” but their season is now over. And I watch reruns of “Seinfeld” and “Family Guy,” and watch “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and “The Colbert Report” when I think of it. So besides sports, that’s about it. Hope you’ll watch one, if not all of the shows.

Have a great weekend. I’m taking a week of from doing the leaves, so you’ll have to wait on more exciting leaves reporting. And I might not have anything on here until Wednesday, because I’m going to be away from a decent computer for a day and a half. But I’ll try. I’ll miss you.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger justrose said…

    i keep trying to comment, i am now "on beta" and it won't let me ...

    i have watched the bonaduce thing, just a snippet of it, and i was strangely riveted.

    thanks for the suggestions!!

    have a good weekend fisty!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you have never seen The Office, DO NOT START NOW! That show pisses me off every week....

    The reason being, it's only a half hour long. That show is freakin hilarious and I really wish it was a one hour long show, but then I'd just want it to be an hour and a half long.

    Six

     

Post a Comment

<< Home