How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween, Scantily-Dressed Women!

Happy Halloween everyone! My thoughts on Halloween have changed dramatically in the past few years. I used to think it was stupid for adults to dress up in costumes on what I perceived to be a kids’ holiday. Now, with the proliferation of slutty costumes for women, I’ve become a much bigger fan of the holiday. Whether it’s the naughty nurse, the sexy Strawberry Shortcake, or the slutty hippy chick (redundant, I know), I’m all about Halloween now. I’m still not going to wear a costume to work, but I now really enjoy the holiday as an adult. So cheers to you, slutty costume industry! The world is a much better place for having you!

At my work we have a few security measures to pass before we can get to our desk. First, we have to use our badges to get inside the building. Then we have to use the badge again to walk through the walkway to the stairs. And finally, we have to show the security guard our badges. The security guard at my building is a lady who’s probably in her late 40’s or 50’s, and is really nice. She always says, “Have a great day!” “Have a great lunch!” “Have a great afternoon!” or “Have a great night!” whenever you walk past her. Really, really nice lady. So today, when I walked in, she said, “Happy Halloween! I really love your costume!” Since I wasn’t wearing a costume (see previous paragraph), I knew she was trying to be funny and I liked that quite a bit, although she was a little more energetic than I was expecting this morning. She added, “So what are you today?” I told her that I was a dorky office worker today, and she let out a loud cackle. She said that was the best response she’s gotten all day, so I feel a lot better about myself now. I’m a winner. Things are gonna change, I can feel it.

So have a great Halloween, and I’ll check back with you on All Saint’s Day!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And you didn't pull a Costanza and leave on a high note? Your bad!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    Happy Halloween, FTB!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger justrose said…

    happy halloween ftb!!!!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good story! thanks for sharing. i enjoyed a good laugh...

    swirl

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw on the news that internet searches for sexy halloween costumes are up 400% from last year. Nice goin ladies.

    Six

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Soooooyyyyyy un perdidooooooorrrr

    I also wanted to point out that I respect Six's comment posting style. It says "anonymous" at the top so you read the comment first, bask in its warmth and wittiness, and THEN read that it came from Six. Then you just nod your head.

    Although it would be pretty cool if it was actually Six from Blossom that posted comments.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    ...and then I go and leave an anonymous comment. Whoops.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's alright Doncock, it'll come to you, it'll come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home