How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Title For St. Louis!

I live in the metro area of the 16th most dangerous city in the United States (Kansas City, MO). This really alarmed me, because I always thought this area was kinda safe. Apparently, not so much. Luckily, it’s not as bad as the city on the other side of the state, St. Louis, which is the most dangerous city in the country according to the latest report. And the data was even compiled and considered before they won the World Series. Actually, the Cardinals’ victory may have sealed their victory in retaining the title next year, as the number two city was Detroit, whose Tigers they beat. I didn’t see a lot of riot coverage on Saturday, but I’m imagining St. Louis did some serious damage, and more compared to Detroit who has a team a more recent World Championship (the Pistons). Although knowing Detroit, they might have taken this as a challenge. They lost the World Series, so maybe their pride made them want to riot more (and be more destructive) than St. Louis. The people of Detroit are a prideful bunch, and I think they might be taking solace in the fact that they can still riot like no other town. So I take that back. I’m sure Detroit will come out on top in 2007. I believe in their people.

Oh, but back to the Kansas City being number 16. This was alarming to me, but then I saw that Lee’s Summit, MO, which is right by KCMO, was the 19th safest, so I think I’ll be okay. And I didn’t see any data on the Kansas side of the state line, so apparently we’re in the middle. Or we just don’t count. I’m guessing it’s the latter.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    Kansas City, KS was #30. So watch out when you head up to the Legends!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Timmy said…

    I can't find the list, but OP and O-Town were in the top 10 or 20 safest cities according to the radio this morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home