How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Yeah, time is moving very slow. This will be my last posting for about a week or so, because tomorrow is the beginning of Beer Trip II, baby!!! And I’m pretty damned excited, as you could probably gather since I’ve probably mentioned it about 1000 times already. Anyway, I won’t be posting from the road because it just ain’t gonna happen. And since I didn’t write anything yesterday, let me fill you in on my past weekend.

The weekend was going well until around 3 PM on Saturday. That is when we had a brown-out at our house, which was the beginning of a lot of shit. At first I just thought the dryer was broken, because it was working but there was no heat. Basically a dryer that doesn’t dry anything. I was pissed. But then I sort of noticed some dimming lights, and the air conditioner stopped working, so we knew something else was wrong. I had to go to work that night, so my wife called the electric company and an A/C repairman to fix the problems. At halftime of the game, I talked to my wife who told me the A/C was still out and that she, our son, and the diggity dogs would be spending the night at the in-laws. I got home around 10 PM and noticed that the lights and dryer were working fine again, but the A/C was still not working. So I packed up a bag and spent the night at the in-laws’ house. Sunday morning, I woke up and went home to see if it was fixed. It wasn’t, so I called the electric company to make sure that everything was fine. They sent a guy over to look at our electricity, and he said that we definitely had a problem. He went to work on it, and by this time the house was close to 85 inside. I did yard work in the meantime, and after another guy from the electric company came over, they fixed the problem in about an hour. When they were done, I checked the A/C and it still wasn’t working. I then called the A/C guy back, and he came over about an hour later. He was working on it for awhile, when it all of a sudden he turned to me, apologized, and told me he was really embarrassed as the part he used to “fix” the A/C on Saturday was the wrong part. He eventually fixed it by using the right piece, and about 3:30 PM on Sunday, the A/C was working. Unfortunately, the temperature inside was close to 90 and my parents and nephews were coming in town to stay with us around 5 PM. Plus, it was over 100 outside, so it wasn’t cooling the house down very fast. So that was fun (sarcasm).

But there was one big highlight, and that was going to the Rancid concert. I had pretty high expectations for it, and holy fuck did it more than live up to it. Not to sound like either a teenager or a 50-year-old Aerosmith fan, but they really fucking rocked. They had a lot of energy, and my friend Erin and I had a blast. Even it if was about 120 degrees in the building and we were both soaked with sweat. We even went down to the mosh pit for the encore, and that was a trip. It was a fun, fun time. It did help that I knew almost every song that they played. They didn’t play “Salvation” which sucked a little, but it was still one of the best shows I’d ever seen. One thing that was funny to me was that the majority of the crowd were younger kids (15-22 probably) who dressed all punk with colored Mohawks like Rancid used to, but the band didn’t dress like that at all. They were really more dressed like and looked like me, with none of them having Mohawks. I felt a little better about not being out of place because of that. Especially because they still were playing loud and fast like always. Good times, indeed.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for you. I hope you have a great week or so until my next posting, and I’ll tell you all about Beer Trip II. Or at least the parts that I think will be acceptable. Love ya!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    I missed reading your blogs while I was on vacation. I'm catching up right now!

    I'm hoping for a great post when you get back. You still never told me where Beer Trip II was going to cover.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    Sure he did...

    http://fistticklebrick.blogspot.com/2006/06/heres-plan.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home