How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I Guess It Helps With The Grieving Process

Last Friday I went home for lunch as I usually do. I have to take advantage of working so close to home since I’m moving offices again next week (which I’m not too happy about), so I eat lunch at my house almost every day. Anyway, I had a nice delicious turkey sandwich and some soup, and as I was washing my dishes, my dogs started flipping out. They really flipped out. I went and looked at what they’re barking about, and I saw that there was a crew of guys mowing and tending to my lawn. I had no idea why they were doing that, but I didn’t really care. I had to get back to work, and when I opened my garage door, I saw that their truck is blocking me in. One of the guys waved to me and motioned to another worker to move their truck. I walk up to the guy and asked, “Did my wife call and ask you guys to do this?”

And the guy responded, “All I know is my boss told us this morning to come and mow your lawn.” He didn’t speak the best English, so I wasn’t really looking to get into a big conversation with him. I just left. As I was driving, I called my wife and asked her if she hired some guys to do our lawn. She started laughing and said, “No I didn’t.” We joked about how we were getting a free mow, but didn’t know why they were doing it.

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon: My wife went to some scrapbook party, but she had to be home by 4:30 PM because I had to leave then to go work at the stadium. I heard the garage door open, so I got ready to leave. A few minutes pass and she still didn’t come in, so I went outside to see what was going on. Well, she was talking to our neighbor. I went out to tell her bye, and she said, “I’m not dead!”

I said, “Yeah, I didn’t think so.”

And she said, “You remember those guys mowing our lawn yesterday?” Of course I did. It was only about 30 hours prior to her question. I mean, I’m not the smartest person in the world, the country, the state, the city, the block, or even my house, but even I can remember things from the previous day. At least most of the time. Anyway, I nodded. She said, “Well they told her that I was dead, and that’s why they were mowing our lawn.” The neighbor said something else, but I was just laughing.

I asked, “Do they mow the lawns of dead people? Is that what they do?”

“I guess so,” she said. “I’m not sure what the deal is. But they mowed ours, and we don’t have to pay for it. Lucky us.” So that was pretty cool, I guess. I just wonder what that guy was thinking when I asked him if my wife called them to mow our lawn.

Anyway, I thought that was sorta funny.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Maidink said…

    Covering mirrors, wearing black, tearing cloth, getting drunk, ... those I have heard of.

    Lawn mowing?

    Do druids mow lawns when their own die? Maybe they thought your wife was a druid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home