How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, March 06, 2006

The Moral Of "Crash" Is That Racism Is Bad

So, did ya have a good weekend? Mine was pretty good. On Friday night I did very little. I played with the boy, put him to bed, watched “The Soup”, and went to bed. On Saturday, I went to Manhattan, Kansas, to go to the Little Apple Brewery and the KU/K-State basketball game. Both brewery and game were great. The beers and food were really good, and besides the slow service, we had a really good time. The game was fun, as KU won by 14. The K-State fans were pretty cool (although the ones behind us weren’t the most knowledgeable) and no one got in any fights or had any problems. For me, I think the highlight of the day was seeing three different guys wearing purple K-State zubaz as I walked in the parking lot. That was pretty sweet.

Yesterday was a nice, lazy day. We watched “Crash” yesterday afternoon, and I wasn’t impressed. I didn’t hate the movie, but it wasn’t “powerful” like critics had been hailing it. I felt like it was basically like an anti-racism TV movie with big name actors, a few swear words, and a brief tit shot. They could have made the same movie with Melissa Gilbert, John Schneider, Lea Thompson, and Dean Cain, put it on ABC Family, and it would have been the same movie to me. But maybe that’s just me.

Last night we had dinner and watched the Oscars at the in-laws’ house. I was mildly pleased the Jon Stewart referred to “Walk the Line” as “‘Ray’ with white people” since I wrote that the other week. I thought Stewart was pretty good, and the political-styled campaign commercials were pretty solid. We had a little pool there, and I did well even though I didn’t pick the Best Director or Best picture correctly. I kinda thought “Crash” would win, but after being so underwhelmed with it yesterday, I picked the gay cowboy movie instead. I was happy that Rachel Weisz won for “The Constant Gardener” (one of the few movies I did see) and Phillip Seymour Hoffman won for “Capote”. I was disappointed that the Academy didn’t remember Don Knotts when they paid tribute to those who passed away in the past year. Oh well. The show was under four hours, so I’ll get over it. All in all, it was a good night (I got to see my less than a week old niece!).

That was my weekend. Pretty amazing, huh? Talk to you later.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Maidink said…

    You're not the first person I've read that harkened "Crash" to being nothing more than an "Afterschool Special" with high paid acting.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous swirl said…

    hiya. it was nice to see you this weekend. i am really sad i didn't make the post, dangit! ;) just teasing... sorry i was so quiet after lunch... i was wiped out and ready for a nap at that point. they were amazingly slow there. anyhow, hope you have a great week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home