Vote YES Or Die!!!
Now for me, I don’t live in Jackson County and rarely shop in Jackson County, so the higher sales tax isn’t going to effect me much. I’d much rather they build a downtown stadium for the Royals, but really, I have no say. But what I do find funny is all the things that are being promised to Jackson County if the bill passes. Now these are only rumors, but I’ve also heard the following things were going to be promised to Jackson County if the voters vote to raise the sales tax:
• The White House, Senate, and Supreme Court will be moving to Independence, MO, if the rolling roof portion of the vote happens.
• Brangelina will move to KC and even adopt three Jackson County orphans if the bill passes.
• Research Medical Center will discover a cure for AIDS by 2015, but only if Arrowhead and Kaufmann Stadiums get more luxury suites.
• Osama bin Laden will turn himself in, but only if the bill passes and they have a restaurant at the stadiums that will be open 365 days a year.
• Kaufmann Stadium will get to host Scott Peterson’s execution.
• The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art will get custody of the Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, Van Gogh’s Sunflowers, Monet’s Waterlillies, and the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
So basically, the citizens of Jackson County would be morons to not vote “YES” on April 4th!