How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

See Ya, Pals!

Today’s my last entry until most likely next Tuesday. About 24 hours from now (when I’m writing this), I’ll be on my way to Ames, IA for the first leg of Beer Trip 2005 (yes, the plan is to have a Beer Trip 2006). In my absence, I will have at least two guest entries, and Mr. C. will be posting them, so he might have a comment or two to add each day, if you’re lucky. Anyway, I have a feeling that I’m not going to get much done today. I’m too fucking excited about the trip.

You may think I’m a dork for going on a Beer Trip. Well, you’d be right. But at least I’m not as big of a dork as Rafael Antonio Lozano. That guy makes me seem like Fonzie.

As if Broadway musicals couldn’t be any gayer, there’s this. Harvey Firestein AND Rosie O’Donnell? The only thing that could make this any gayer would be if Paul Lynde was still alive and in it.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for you today. My mind is pretty much on my trip, and I can’t think of much else. Twelve (maybe 13) breweries/brewpubs in five days should be a good time, not to mention the Brewers game on Saturday night. Here are the places we’re going to, in case you care:

Olde Main Brewing Company in Ames, IA
Bandana Brewery in Mankato, MN
Great Waters Brewery in St. Paul, MN
Moosejaw Brewpub in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Capital Brewery in Middleton, WI
Angelic Brewery in Madison, WI
New Glarus Brewing Company in New Glarus, WI
Randy's Funhunters Brewery in Whitewater, WI
Sprecher Brewery in Glendale, WI
Miller Brewery in Milwaukee, WI
Bent River Brewery in Moline, IL
Court Avenue Brewery in Des Moines, IA

We also might go to the Millstream Brewing Company in Amana, IA, but that’s only if we have the time. And don’t worry, Timmy and I will be trading off driving duties as well as staying at hotels within walking distance or a short cab ride. We’ll be good. So, does anyone want anything from anywhere?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    High comedy. Fisty calls himself a dork but says "at least I'm not this Starbucks guy." Then the Starbucks guy says he's just trying to be different, but "at least I'm not this guy that pierces himself 700 times."

    It's like the dork food chain.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll take some Peking Taste and Burrito King.

    Six

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    You could bring me back a nice stein.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger justrose said…

    enjoy, fisty!

    bring back some good stories.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home