How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, August 08, 2005

The River Market Brewing Company Blows!

These next two days are going to be difficult. On Wednesday, Timmy and I leave for our beer trip, and I cannot fucking wait. Anyway, my weekend was pretty good. On Friday night the wife and I took the boy to dinner, with Mr. C. and his family, and then to the mall playground, where he has a lot of fun. I think he’s going to do well for himself, as other kids in the playground kept coming up to him and petted him. I naturally think he’s a cute kid, but I’m his dad. It’s cool when other kids think so too. It was actually kind of funny too. On Saturday, my wife, Mr. and Mrs. C., Ron Mexico, Timmy, our friends Robert and Kelly, our other friends the Mainz Attraction and KY, and I went to the KC Brewfest at the City Market. It wasn’t nearly as good as the Parkville one back in May. First of all, the three best breweries that were on the original list didn’t show up due to some paperwork issues about bringing their beer across the state line. So that sucked. Also, this time it was really crowded, probably about five times as many people as in Parkville. Lines were pretty long, as it usually took over 15 minutes to get a five-ounce sample. And most of all, the suckiest thing was that two breweries ran out of beer within two hours (the event was supposed to be five hours long). Two others ran out within another hour, which left only three breweries for the last two hours, one of which I boycott because they’ve dicked me around before when I tried to get my pals in for a tour. The brewery though that really pissed me off was the River Market Brewing Company. I’m pretty sure that I’m not going to go back there for a while. They were the first place to run out of beer, and they’re located only about two blocks away from where the brewfest was at. They could have easily have gone back to their place and gotten more kegs, but they chose not too. They seriously could have gotten volunteers from the festival to walk there and bring some kegs back, but since they’re a pretty shitty place with terrible service at the restaurant, I can’t say I’m surprised about this. The place that did impress me the most was McCoy’s Public House, located in the Westport area of Kansas City. They were running out of beer, but they went back to McCoy’s and brought back a few new kegs of new types of beer. I thought that was not only the right thing to do, but also great that they brought different kinds of beer than what they had originally. I really think that by doing so, it will help their business out. McCoy’s was already one of my favorite places to go to in KC, but I like them even more now. In fact, this month’s Beer Night Out was originally supposed to be at the River Market Brewing Company, but now I will be changing it to McCoy’s. After the brewfest, we went over to Mr. C.’s place, where he’d been smoking lots of meat. He’s a big fan of smoking hog, and he smoked some really good pork. Like he wrote in the Chatterbox, my wife was a big fan of his meat. His meat was quite impressive and tender. If you ever get a chance to put some of his meat into your mouth, you need to. Even if you normally don’t swing that way. That is, don’t normally eat pork.

There’s a guy located in my row at work named Peter Long. I wonder if that was his given name, or if he changed it. Dirk Diggler and Chest Rockwell would be proud.

Well, I’ve got a lot of shit to do before I go on vacation, so I better stop. You all have a great day, and go to McCoy’s if you’re in the area. It’s a great place with great people, excellent food, and pretty decent beer. Buh-bye!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    Is it wrong of me to be a little bit happy about the Brewfest not being so great?

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger kcarod said…

    dansting didn't match his shoes and belt today!! what a NERD!!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    Get back to work, Fisty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home