How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

He's Even Worse Than Michael Bolton! For Real!!!!

The other day when I was up at Mr. C.’s parents’ lake house, he and I were talking about ESPN’s “50 States in 50 Days” thing that they’re doing. Basically, each day they have some SportsCenter guy in some state at a sporting event, and they talk about whatever is important to that state. It’s supposed to be a celebration of all good things about this country. Anyway, the song that they have for all the intros and promos is some shitty Bryan Adams song (is that redundant?). Mr. C. remarked how it was pretty ironic how this celebration of each of the states of the U.S. has a song by a Canadian. I agreed, adding that I thought that it was pretty ironic how this thing that was supposed to be about things that were great about this country featured such a piece of shit singer. Seriously, there are a ton of terrible pop singers out there. But Bryan Adams has to head the list. First of all, I think his voice sounds like Don Henley swallowing sand paper. It’s brutal. Secondly, I think his song titles have to be among the worst of all time. He actually has a song called “(I Wanna Be Your) Underwear”. Seriously. That’s the name of a song that he wrote, recorded, and put on an album. I have a feeling it was originally called “(I Wanna Be Your) Tampon” or “(I Wanna Be Your) Anal Beads”, but a producer talked him into “Underwear” instead. According to his website (which I’m not going to link because he just sucks too much) shows that he has six songs that start with the word “Don’t”, four that start with “Hey”, three with “When”, and at least four that have the word “Ya” in it. I think his next album features the single “Hey, Don’t Ya Come When Ya Want!” Even one of his biggest hits is an attempt to be funny is a sexual way. “Summer of ‘69” isn’t about the summer of 1969. Bryan Adams was nine years old in the summer of 1969. It’s about the summer he and his girlfriend sixty-nined a lot. Boy, what a clever fellow that guy is! Actually though, I need to give him some credit. “Summer of ‘69” was a lot more successful than Chuck Berry’s “Spring of Stinky Pinky” and George Michael’s “Fall of My Anal Virginity”, so he’s got that going for him. Anyway, I guess he’s opening for Def Leppard tonight in Kansas City, so I better stop writing now so I can go get me some tickets. I’m sure that show’s been sold out for months. Later.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    Canadian, yes. Bad, for sure, but no way is Bryan Adams worse than Michael Bolton. I can't even think of someone worse than Michael Bolton without going into the John Tesh/Yanni/Kenny G genre.

    That being said...I've heard that tickets to the Def Leppard/B.A. show tonight are 50 bucks each. 50 bones! And it's at the freaking T-Bones stadium! You shouldn't ever have to pay even close to 50 bucks to go in there, no matter who's performing.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Spring of Stinky Pinky" That is an instant classic Fisty. Do you have to let it linger?

    Six

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What has 9 arms and sucks?

    Def Leppard!

    Pink Ladee

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    Hysterical, Fisty! Just plain hysterical!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger justrose said…

    not a fan of bryan. went to a prom with a rotten date where "heaven" was the theme. it was the opposite, so i guess it was kind of apropos that bryan was singing.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Maidink said…

    I never liked the little twirp. Nothing appealing about him and his voice {{shudders}} too scary.

    And I despise Michael Bolton! Ick

     

Post a Comment

<< Home