How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

So Does Meat Make You Better Looking?

You never realize how great it is to sleep uninterrupted for seven hours on your own bed until you’ve gone over a week without having done so. I’m a whole new person. I call this new person Drake, and he’s a kid from the wrong side of the tracks but still has a heart of gold.

I’m taking the afternoon off so my brother and I can go to the Royals/White Sox game. The weather is supposed to be perfect. Mid-70s and sunny. And we have vouchers so that we can get the best available seats for free. I’m guessing that they’ll be pretty good ones too, as I don’t think they’re gonna have a sell-out today for a team 26 games under .500 playing a team 31 games over. Hell, these vouchers will probably let me coach third base. I couldn’t be nearly as bad as Dale Sveum is for the Red Sox.

If Carrie Underwood and Coldplay’s Chris Martin are really the world’s “Sexiest Vegetarians” (as they were named by PETA), then vegetarians really aren’t all that physically attractive.

Why couldn’t Silvia Johnson had raised her kid where I grew up? She would have been a “cool mom” in my town too, maybe even cooler than she was in Colorado. Damn my luck!

Well, another short one, but that’s all I got. Take it easy, kiddos!

13 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kersting, I am a veggie, pouting in the corner about your correlation of beauty and dietary needs.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MEAT GOOD!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    Who's that anonymous veggie pouting in the corner? And who's Kersting?

    And I second the notion that meat is good.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Fist Tickle Brick said…

    All I'm saying is that if those two are the two "sexiest", then there's a problem. But I'm guessing though that there are more attractive vegetarians than those too. PETA just wants pub, so chose those two is my guess.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am not going to reveal who I am b/c of the crap I would catch from everyone for being different. You probably don't know me anyway.

    I agree that PETA is just trying to get more publicity. A lot of veggies don't like PETA anyway.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Fist Tickle Brick said…

    Seriously, there's nothing wrong with being a veggie. Just wrong if Chris Martin is the sexiest male and Carrie Underwood is the sexiest female.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the clarification, I can see your point of view. I will just have to take my sensitive pouting ass out of the corner now.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    Have a great time at the game!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PETA BAD, MEAT GOOD!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger justrose said…

    drake - i believe my matinee idol, joaquin, was also mentioned by peta.

    i'd like to toss his salad, in the good sort of salad-tossing way. with extra croutons. the non-parmesan ones, in case he's a vegan.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Maidink said…

    I voted for Joaquin on PETA's site. No, I am not a vegan. I don't eat meat all the time - only on rare and slight occasions.

    My eating habits aside, hope the game was fun.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joaquin, is vegan. A very tasty one at that.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said…

    Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
    will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
    this one.
    Where you been? You have got to look at my pa pennsylvania house cleaning blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home