How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

WWJBD? (What Would John Belushi Do?)

Apparently, my clever little blog could get me fired. Don’t I know it! Which is why I may have to take a break or stop all together when I move to my new building next month. I’m not positive, but I will be sitting in the middle of everyone in my group, and it’s probably not worth the risk. But we’ll see.

I went to Royals game last night, my first since my Opening Day disaster. Originally, I was going to go with my wife and son, along with Ron Mexico and whoever he was bringing, but since my wife was out of town, I wasn’t going to take my kid by myself. I don’t think he’d like it that much anyway. So he spent the night at the in-laws and instead Rob Deer came along. The game started at 7:05 PM, so I told Rob to come over so we could leave at 6:15 PM. Well, Rob calls me at 6:25 PM to tell me he’s running late (like I couldn’t tell) and shows up at 6:40 PM. After he changed clothes and I punched him in the face, we left around 6:45 PM but we got in the stadium with one runner on and nobody out in the top of the first inning, so I did some quality driving. I was proud of myself. The game itself was good, as we met Ron and his friend who’s a girl there. It was fun, even though Ron and his friend who’s a girl were speaking Spanish much of the time. And even though I couldn’t trick Rob Deer into thanking Ron’s friend who’s a girl for the pencil he used to fill out the All-Star ballot by saying, “Gracias por la penga (thanks for the penis).” I was hoping that it’d work like the time in high school I told Jake Boot that “Soy un joto!” meant “Shut up!” (It actually means “I’m a fag!”) It was fun, and I spent the least amount of money that I’ve ever spent at a Royals game in my life. Five bucks. It was “Buck Night”, so I had three $1 hot dogs, a $1 small Pepsi, and a $1 nut-sack (bag of peanuts). Not one beer for me either, which is probably a shock to everyone (myself included). And I was in bed by 10:30 PM.

I don’t know how to set up a polling option on this site like I did on the old site, but I have a question for you all. I’m just curious what you think. Here it is: If John Belushi was still alive, which former “Saturday Night Live” cast member’s career do you think his would have most been similar to?

A. Dan Aykroyd (Stopped making funny movies in the mid-80s and tried serious acting)
B. Bill Murray (Steadily successful for the past 25 years)
C. Chevy Chase (Became a laughing-stock, possibly hindered by his “back-pain pill” addiction or the fact that he really wasn’t that funny in the first place, save “Fletch” and “Caddyshack”)
D. Robert Downey, Jr. (Became a critical success with no real box-office appeal)
E. Eddie Murphy (Became one of the biggest stars in the world, and then let his ego go out of control and started making horrible “Pluto Nash”-type movies)
F. Jim Belushi (Horribly unfunny and star of a crappy sitcom)
G. Other (i.e. Jane Curtin, Denny Dillon, Joe Piscopo, Terry Sweeney, etc.)

Put your answer in the comments please, and remember the question was about career, not life-style. Because then “C” or “D” would be the obvious answers with the drug issues. My answer would be A. But at least Aykroyd married the hot chick from “Bosom Buddies”.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    My first thought was Chris Farley, but I guess that doesn't count, since Farley died, and based his career on Belushi. But I think Belushi's movies would have been similar to those of Farley before he died.

    Of those choices, I would say Bill Murray.

    Oh, and Chevy Chase was also funny in Vacation and maybe even Spies Like Us.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Fist Tickle Brick said…

    I forgot about "Vacation". He was good in that too. My bad.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger justrose said…

    I would have to say A. And I hope you don't stop blogging. But I see the issue, totally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home