How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

They Call Me Mister Brick!!!!!

When my wife was in Mexico, she proved to be a great friend to her friend who lived down there. She also proved to be a sweetheart of a wife to me. She brought be me back seven different bottles of beer from Mexico. To bring that back without any damage and embarrassingly telling customs about it when asked meant a lot to me. So last night, I had over Ron Mexico and Caddylac for a sort of Mexican beer tasting. The beers were pretty good, especially the Wheat Ale, which Ron translated for us, even though it said, “WHEAT ALE” in English on the label. That was helpful. We were flipping channels from a couple of baseball games and AFI’s Top 100 Movie Quotes. As we were watching the AFI show, they had the “You had me at hello!” quote from “Jerry Maguire”. Ron asked me, “Did you see that at the theater?” to which my wife and I both responded with a “yes”. I then added a comment like, “Yeah, I was probably trying to get some, but probably didn’t.” My wife responded with “Well, I dunno. That was back when we were in college. You might have actually then.” Everyone laughed. Laughed at the fact that I’m a pathetic loser who has no shot of getting any now. But it was a pretty funny line. Touché Mrs. Brick. Touché.

Hopefully writing that story won’t get me kicked out of the house.

Regarding the AFI show, Caddylac predicted what the number one quote was (“Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!”). I predicted two and three (“I’m gonna give him an offer he can’t refuse,” from “The Godfather” and “I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody,” from “On the Waterfront”, both by Marlon Brando). And “I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore,” was number four, near the top of the list like I thought it’d be. But damn it all, not one fucking “Stripes” quote! They didn’t even have one among the 400 nominees. No “That’s the fact, jack!” or “Lighten up, Francis!” which weren’t close to the best quotes in the movie, but probably the most likely to end up in a list like that. They didn’t even have “Hand me the keys you fucking cocksucker!” from “The Usual Suspects” either. Plus they had "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti (slurp, slurp, slurp)," from “The Silence of the Lambs”, but they didn’t have the better quote, “I can smell your cunt.” So the list is worthless to me.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home