How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Poor Hotel Workers

Things once again are right in the world. Russell Crowe got arrested this morning for throwing a phone in the face of a hotel worker. Just when you thought Crowe was done getting in fights since he got married and had a kid, this happens. The only reason I think this is funny or even worth noting is that in the latest issue of “Entertainment Weekly”, Crowe is asked about his “mellowing out” and said that he has changed a little. Well, apparently except for towards hotel employees, those fuckers. He goes Crocodile Dundee on their asses. Too bad it wasn’t in Lake Geneva, WI though. Because Six would probably get to fight him, and that’d be pretty cool.

The weekend was okay. Lots o’ rain, which wasn’t good for the three dogs (we’re watching Ron Mexico’s cocker spaniel). I don’t really remember what else we really did this weekend except for going to our friends’ house on Saturday night to let our kids play together. That was fun, but the night ended abruptly when our son started freaking out when he couldn’t find his binky and wouldn’t go back to sleep. Yesterday my wife went to our sister-in-law’s house for a jewelry party while I watched the boy. We went to the park for a bit when she got back, and I gave him a bath after that. And that was pretty much the extent of all the excitement. Take a deep breath and calm down from being exhilarated after reading that.

Oh, apparently I am wrong. “Napoleon Dynamite” is a great movie, or at least according to the MTV Movie Awards. Again, I didn’t think this movie was terrible. I don’t hate it. I just thought it was stupid and not funny. And when you come up to me and say, “But what about the part where he throws the ham at the llama? That was hilarious.” Um, not so much. I get what parts people think are funny, and why they think it’s funny. They just aren’t funny to me. But I’m wrong; you’re right. Because MTV viewers can’t be wrong. I mean, Alicia Silverstone still is a huge star, right?

So we watched “Entourage” last night, and once again I am so underwhelmed by this show. I really want to like it, because it gets great reviews and is loved by so many people, but it’s really not that funny. It has its moments, but I don’t think I’ve ever laughed once at out loud. Not once. “Hug it out, bitch!” really isn’t that funny, yet it’s the big catch-phrase from season one according to what I’ve read. I barely even noticed it the first time I heard it. Oh well. After “Entourage” was Lisa Kudrow’s new show “The Comeback”, which was okay. It was good in parts, and sort of dumb in others. But I do have to admit that I did laugh out loud twice during it, so I’m glad I watched it. Plus there was nudity (not Kudrow), so even if I didn’t laugh it had that going for it. Boobs.

Later.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger justrose said…

    I think I might watch The Comeback on on-demand. I appreciate the up-to-the-minute entertainment info and reviews I get at this here blog, as I've said before. Thing is, I do really like Napoleon Dynamite, but I don't like MTV, so I wasn't part of that demographic. Hmm. I'll shut up now.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger eatmisery said…

    Russell Crowe is a leopard who can't get rid of his spots. I bet he even felt good about breaking up Meg and Dennis, too. He needs anger management classes and a collar and leash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home