How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'll Stick With Brewpubs and Boulevard From Now On!

I’m really trying to not be the dad that talks about his kid all the time, so writing right now is difficult since I’m a single dad until Friday night. He’s taking up most of my time, so most stories would involve him. So right now, I don’t really have any other funny stories of morons I encounter at the store or anything like that. And since I had to close down my last site, I’m reluctant to write about the morons I deal with at work. And there are a bunch of them, just so you know. A whole bunch.

(WARNING: LONG, BORING PARAGRAPH) Speaking of morons, I was trying to have our next beer night at another brewery (where they just brew beer), Pony Express, as opposed to a brewpub (a place where they make beer and serve food). I’ve been trying to get this done for a while. One time when I was working at the stadium for a football game back in November, I went out to my car to grab my phone, and I as I was walking back I saw the Pony Express tent. They were giving out samples of their beer, but since I was working and it was like 10 AM on a Sunday, I had to pass. But I went over to see what all was going on there. As I walked up, I got stopped by this woman I work with (who is extremely nice) and she was working the tent for Pony. We talked for a bit, and I eventually went back to work without having any beer. On the following Monday at our real jobs, I sent her an instant message asking her about that. She said she just volunteered with them since her friend worked there. I asked if her friend could get my group of friends in for a tour, and she said she’d see what she could do. I didn’t remind her for a while, but I did send emails to their website to see if I could get anything done on my own. Eventually I brought it up again a couple of months ago to my friend. She said that her friend no longer worked there, but she gave me her number and said that I should give her a call to see what they could do for us. I left her a couple of voicemails, and about a week later I got a call back. She told me to call this other guy, and I did. I called him and left him a voicemail, and heard nothing. The next week I called again, and eventually I got a call back. We talked for a while, and I told them about our night at the Boulevard Brewery. And I mentioned how our group probably spent over $200 on hats, shirts, glasses, and other Boulevard crap, and we’d probably do the same at Pony. He said he’d look into it and get back to me. I told him in the meantime that I’d check with my pals to see what night would be best for them. I emailed him a few days later with the dates that would be best, and never heard from him. I emailed him the following week, but still no response. The following week was the Parkville Brewers Festival, and I emailed him and asked him if they’d be there along with my tour questions, and he said they’d be there but didn’t address any of my other questions. I actually talked to the guy for a couple of minutes at the brewfest. He apologized for not getting back to me, as he said they were really busy. He said he’d email me that week, but he never did. I called him and left him a voicemail. I sent him another email. I almost felt like a stalker, but I was really trying to get this done for me and my friends, and I would think that Pony would be all about having some guys sample their beer. It’s not like it’s that popular around here, and getting on a dozen guys’ good sides would be beneficial. Anyway, I hadn’t heard anything for a couple of weeks, and yesterday I decided to give them one more chance. I sent him an email, just asking if he was able to squeeze us in this month or anytime since I needed to let the guys know what was going on so they could make their plans. About an hour later I got the following reply: “Contact the brewery. I have left.” Okee-dokee then. Thanks. I guess we’ll be going elsewhere, and probably won’t be buying their beer anytime soon. Thanks for everything. So yeah, I’m a little frustrated with them. But nothing that a wild evening in Leavenworth, Kansas won’t cure next Thursday! (If you read this and you want to come with, send me an email and I’ll send you the Evite. Or I can send you Evites for future Beer Nights Out.)

Well, have a great day. I’ll work on something interesting for tomorrow. But no promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home