How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Love Me That Wichita!

The weekend was pretty good. Caddylac and his wife picked me up around 10 AM on Saturday and we headed down I-35 to Wichita. We listened to Dave Attell’s “Skanks for the Memories” on the way down, and it was pretty damn funny. It took about two and a half hours to get down there, and it wasn’t that bad. Kansas highway driving is brutally boring, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. Especially when I got to see billboards that read, “Accept Jesus Christ or Spend the Rest of Your Life Regretting It!” Because I think Jesus would truly appreciate a sign threatening people. We got down to Caddylac’s parent’s really nice house, after meeting King D just outside of the city limits. We changed clothes and headed out to Ron Mexico’s graduation. The graduation wasn’t too bad, as far as graduations go. Caddylac and I made a deal to try to be the loudest supporters in the arena for Ron when they read his name. It was tough though, because some people had air horns. The lady reading the names said Ron’s name wrong, but we still yelled pretty loud (even scaring the kids in front of us and hurting my voice). A few things about his graduation besides that were funny. One was the guy sitting behind us with the purple and pink pinstriped suit. Also, the President of Ron’s university’s name was Biff. President Biff. That’s pretty awesome. Also, one graduate had the first name Gator. I like that quite a bit. When the graduation ended, Caddylac, his wife (what a trooper, by the way), and I left to drive to Cheney, Kansas to go to the Hank Is Wiser Brewery, which had only been open for just over a month. It seemed like it just opened, as we were pretty much the only people there on a Saturday night. Anyway, the beer was okay, actually better than I expected it to be as all of them were drinkable, even if they weren’t like their names. The India Pale Ale wasn’t an India Pale Ale. Hank even admitted as much to Caddylac. But the place was nice, and they even had a shuffleboard, which I think is essential for all good bars/brewpubs and free popcorn. We stayed long enough to each order a sampler, a pint, and get four growlers to go (one each for Caddylac, King D, Ron Mexico, and me). We left Cheney and drove to meet Ron Mexico and his family at the River City Brewery in Old Town Wichita (King D went back home). Old Town Wichita seemed like a pretty cool place, and the brewery was nice too. Pretty big place. We went upstairs to “The Loft 150” were we met Ron’s family and Caddylac’s dad, as well as a few other people. River City was pretty good, and I had a sampler there as well as a couple of pints. I found it strange that River City didn’t have a Pale Ale, as I think it’s the only brewpub I’ve ever been to that didn’t. We stayed at the brewery until the band started playing. If that band would have been as good as this band, I’m sure we would have stayed longer. But they weren’t, so we headed back to Caddylac’s parents’ where we bullshitted until we fell asleep, which for me was like 11 PM. What a wild fucking bunch we are!!!

Sunday I woke up early 7:30 AM, but to my surprise I was the last one up. Caddylac and Ron were fishing in the back yard, while Caddy’s dad, Ron’s dad, and Caddy’s wife were in the kitchen. I felt like a loser, like I slept really late, but then I realized that it wasn’t even 8 AM so I didn’t care. We went to breakfast, and I had a cheddar cheese and buffalo sausage omelet. Mmmm….delicious buffalo sausage. After breakfast, Ron and his dad left, and we went back to the house and watched this movie I bought called “American Beer”. It’s a documentary about five guys who start out in Brooklyn and travel to 38 breweries/brewpubs in 40 days, each night getting pretty drunk. It was an interesting movie in regards to the small breweries’ history and brewing process, and it’s interesting seeing these guys gain a bunch of weight and deal with their hangovers. The only problem with the movie is that it has the “Blair Witch Project” style of shaky camera work, so if you get motion sickness (like I do) you might not feel so good. Especially watching it on a huge projection screen. When the movie ended we left to come back home and listened to David Cross on the car ride, which is pretty funny when you see all the “Jesus Saves” signs along the highway (he’s not the most religious person, you see). We got back around 3 PM, and my wife left to run errands. And that was pretty much my weekend.

Yesterday I found out that my bathroom should be finished today, which means that I’ll get to use my good, downstairs shower from now on! Woo hoo!!! I’m pretty excited, as it’s been awhile, like five and a half weeks. It hasn’t been awhile for showering. I’ve done that a couple of times since then. Really! So have a good day, and I’ll talk to you later.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yaaa Wichita!! hehe


    King D

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That band frickin ROCKS!
    Ms. T

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger justrose said…

    "Because I think Jesus would truly appreciate a sign threatening people" is possibly the only thing that truly made me laugh today. Thanks.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Nj New Jersey House Cleaning said…

    Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
    when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
    check it next time!
    In my spare time I will look for your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home