How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

What a long, draining weekend! Basically, I am exhausted. I don’t even remember what I did Friday night. I think I just played with my son, gave him a bath, and watched the Royals actually win a game. I’m pretty sure I was in bed before 10 PM. On Saturday, we had a wedding to go to as well as a birthday party afterwards. I even had to decline an invite to Rob Deer’s house to watch some UFC action. Three events in one day for me is a record! But on a sad note, when I woke up and checked my email, I saw an email from my mom telling me that my Aunt Mary had died. It is for the best I know, and I didn’t really even know her all that well, but she was so nice and sweet and I’m pretty sad about it. I think that I kept up appearances pretty well at both the wedding and for the hour that I was at the party, but I know I wasn’t myself. But both were nice and it was good to try to get my mind off things for a while. On Sunday, we were having a small birthday party for my son’s first birthday with the family, so we cleaned the house and yard most of the day until the party, which went really well. I was surprised, as I really didn’t know what to expect. But it was fun for me, and the kid did rather well. After the party, we cleaned again, and went to bed. And I didn’t sleep well, which brings me to being sluggish today.

Git ‘er done! Git ‘er done! Git ‘er done! Yeah, that’s still hilarious.

I’m cool with the whole exposed midriff fashion craze that is going on, but there has to be some sort of list of rules put in place for it. If I see another overweight 15-year-old wearing one that makes her fat stomach stick out and look pregnant, I will have officially seen one million of them. I don’t get it. It’s not flattering. Maybe it’s the international signal for “I’m willing to sleep with anyone” and I just don’t know it, but it’s not a good thing. Hot NFL cheerleader? That’s okay. 5’2” 190 lbs. 17-year-old skank? Not so good.

You know, I’m all for helping people, but there is no way I’m ever going to Iraq to help rebuild Baghdad. While I’ll feel really sorry for these people who get kidnapped and/or killed, part of me wants to say “Haven’t you seen the news?!?!? They don’t like Americans, even if you’re trying to help them. They don’t want your help!” Maybe I’m just selfish, because I just don’t want to hear about beheadings and car-bombs any longer. But really, even if you think what you’re doing is noble (which it is) and “the right thing to do” (which is probably isn’t), you’re only asking for trouble, which will bring grief to your loved ones. Go donate time to the Salvation Army instead, where most Americans will actually appreciate your help. And most likely will not get kidnapped because you are American.

Nothing against the NRA, but any organization or side of an argument where Ted Nugent is one of your most vocal and quite possibly most influential members isn’t a good thing. Sure, he’s interesting in a “What is that kook gonna say or do next?” kinda way, but I don’t want him speaking out for something I believe in. I’d almost rather have Jose Canseco or Courtney Love as my spokesperson.

Well, have a great week, and if you come by my cube this afternoon and I’m asleep, please wake me up. I don't want to get fired today. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home