How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, April 04, 2005

My Exciting Weekend

I feel like I accomplished a lot this weekend. I didn’t really, but for me it felt like I did. On Friday night I took all of our large trash items to the curb (with a little help from the old lady), and it was pretty funny watching all the scavengers come by to grab our and other people’s trash. My broken snowblower was on the curb at 4:45 PM and was gone by 4:55 PM. My broken large TV was only out there for maybe 30 minutes, and it would have been probably 15 if the first guy could have fit it in his car. My father-in-law’s impossible-to-fix lawn mower was gone in about five minutes. Even the three rolls of old carpet that were dog-piss stained and cut very poorly by me were gone within two hours. Two other things were also pretty funny to me: the fact that someone took my father-in-law’s old grill and then replaced it with another grill in my yard was nice; and that someone took just the middle piece of the nasty sectional couch was interesting. I think next time they have large trash pick-up, I’m going to out everything out on the curb at the same time, get a cooler of beer, a lawn chair, and just sit outside and watch everyone rummage through my useless crap. It should make for a fun night.

On Saturday, I took the diggity dogs to the vet, which was about a month and a half overdue. They were healthy, and they behaved better than they ever did before. After that, we played outside with the boy for a while, and then I went to work the MLS season opener. And boy was that exciting! It was a barn burner too, as the score was a 3-2, which I believe is a record for soccer. I don’t think a soccer game ever had more than four goals in it prior to that, at any level. Hot soccer action!

On Sunday, I woke up early to feed and play with the kid, and after he went to bed, I finished our taxes. I procrastinated on my second state form, because I knew we’d have to pay, but it was only $83. We have some left over from our federal return, so it’s no big deal. After lunch, we took the kid to the park (parks actually, since the big park had the little kids’ swings blocked off). The boy loves that swing. My wife even took him down the slide on her lap a few times. We came home, let him nap, and watched “Surreal Life” and “Strange Love” which we had TiVo’d from the morning airing. Da Brat sure is a bitch. I think it’s funny how some people will never take back anything they say ever, like they believe it’s a sign of weakness to do so. She called Jane from the Go-Go’s a “has-been”, which I’m not saying isn’t entirely true. But the thing is, who do you think would draw more people to see them if they toured, the Go-Go’s or Da Brat? It’s a Chyna (no-brainer), isn’t it? And if they came out with a new album, who’s would sell better when it debuted? No doubt in my mind that it’d be the Go-Go’s. So I just find that stupid that she’s say that. And Da Brat also said that she didn’t know if Chyna was a man or a woman. Good question. I don’t know either, but looking at Da Brat, it’s not so easy to tell what she is either. Sometimes I think she looks like Latrell Sprewell without the facial hair. When my son woke up, we fed him and took our dogs to the dog park, kind of a reward for being so good at the vet. We stayed there for about an hour, saw a good dog fight, and came home to call it a day. And that was my weekend.

Well, this weekend I learned that someone was on steroids. No, not Alex Sanchez of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. My diggity dog Clancy. He had some allergy in his eye, and he was on some sort of medicine, which I found out on Saturday was a steroid. That explains his erratic behavior and bacne. Just kidding. But I think that him being on “the juice” might taint his record of licking himself for four straight hours, although I’m not sure if they will remove that mark from the record books. I guess only time will tell. In the meantime, have yourself a great week.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    classic Fist Tickle humor, the steroid dog part, and the licking record was making me crack up.

    King|D

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Doncock said…

    I can't believe that guy on the Marlins failed the steroid drug test. That dirty Sanchez.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home