How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I Also Really Like "Robly"

I made my wife mad last night when I told her I wanted to name our next child after the Chiefs fourth round draft pick in this weekend’s NFL draft. I think he has a lovely name.

I saw that Elton John was engaged. Hmm…I wonder who the lucky lady is.

When I turned on the TV this morning to watch “Happy Days” while I fed my son, I noticed that they went back to the first episode. That means that I wasn’t able to see the controversial final episode where Howard (a.k.a. “Mr. C.”) goes on a killing spree after catching Joanie and Jenny Piccolo having some hot lesbian sex after Joanie left Chachi at the alter. I’m kinda bummed, because I wonder if he went “medieval” on Fonzie’s ass like he did to his oldest son Chuck after he lost the big basketball game in the first season (in case you wondered whatever happened to Chuck). Damn my bad luck!

I was watching some David Blaine special on TLC last night (I think it was some program that ABC aired a couple of years ago). My favorite part wasn’t one of Blaine’s tricks. My favorite parts were that when Blaine was in Nashville, he did his trick for some white-trash jack-o-lantern teethed woman, when he was in New Orleans, he did his trick for a bunch of poor black women with really thick Cajun accents, and when he was in New York City, he did his tricks for a bunch of fucking morons. What stereotyping?!?!?

Do you think Lorraine Bracco was depressed because “The Sopranos” hasn’t really been that good the last two seasons or because it takes about three years to come up with a new season that will be much worse than the previous one? Just curious.

I think I really like the trend of calling couples by one word, a combination of both names. First there was “Bennifer”, which of course was Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck. Then there was “Bennifer” (again), which is Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck, which made me not like the trend so much. And now there is Romber, which is Rob and Amber from “Survivor” and “The Amazing Race”. I wasn’t sure how cool this was at first, but then I tried to do this with my friends. When I put my friend’s and his wife’s names together, it came to “Andna”. It’s okay sounding, but nothing that will start a trend with my group of friends. My brother-in-law and his wife would be “Dontie”, which is also so-so. My wife and my name would be really lame. But then I figured out the engaged couple that we play volleyball with would be “Miren”. I really kinda like that. But then the kicker: one of our best friends name would be “Adika”, I think that’s awesome. “Adika! Adika! Adika!” Sounds like something Al Pacino would chant.

Well, this has been a real hoot! We’ll all have to do this again tomorrow!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM, Anonymous SilkyD said…

    If you start calling us "Adika" we may have a problem

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Doncock said…

    Aw, c'mon, Silky. You don't like being named the same name (phonetically) as a maximum security prison? Maybe you prefer "Alcuhtrazz"?

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger justrose said…

    I and my are "Rosensteve." Which has a nice ring and could get us cast in a play as a two-headed, bi-gendered sidekick sharing a doublet.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Mt Montana House Cleaning said…

    Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
    and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
    net I search for blogs just like your site.
    It may look like it was hard work, but my ny new york house cleaning blog was simple.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home