How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Are The Royals Mathematically Out Of It Now?

Okay, let me get this off my chest. I am not one of those KU fans that never wanted Roy Williams to ever win at North Carolina. I’m not really like that. Now I didn’t want him to win with Matt Doherty’s players or in only his second season, but it’s not a “nightmare” like I’ve heard some KU fans (who I believe are the vocal minority) say. Part of me is happy for him. Part of me is a little jealous about it, as my wife said last night. I think it wouldn’t have been so bad if KU didn’t lose in the first round to Buck-freaking-nell. But anyway, I’m not pissed off, and I’m not looking for a sharp knife to plunge into my jugular. The only thing that pisses me off about the whole thing is when CBS showed fans celebrating at the Dean Smith Dome in Chapel Hill. Because I can’t fucking stand Dean Smith.

How ‘bout those Brewers!!!

I’ve had a few people ask me who the third person was that is going to die, since celebrities always die in threes after Terry Schiavo and the Pope just died. First of all, Terri Schiavo wasn’t a celebrity. She was only known because she was going to die. Anyway, I think we’ve already had our three. I think that it was Johnnie Cochran, the Pope, and the chicken guy Frank Perdue. If Perdue isn’t good enough for you then I’ll say it was John DeLorean. If DeLorean doesn’t qualify as a big enough celebrity for you, then I’m guessing it will be Mickey Rooney. I don’t know why (probably because I already thought he was dead), but that’s my guess.

Ugh, don’t remind me about the Royals!

There’s a vote today in the state of Kansas about a law to ban gay marriages. I’m truly embarrassed that this is going to be voted on. I cannot think of anything more ridiculous than passing a law that prevents two people who love each other from marrying. Not only that, but if this law passes, it’ll make it easier for companies to not allow same-sex couples benefits that are afforded to different-sex couples. And that’s just bullshit. The sad thing is that Kansas is one of the reddest assed of the red states, and this law will pass by probably a 3-to-1 margin. I will vote against it (and not because the woman in drag on the street corner that I passed on the way to work today told me to), and I encourage all Kansans to vote against it too. Because you’re probably friends with someone who’s gay or have a gay relative, and at least vote against it for them. I’m pretty sure my uncle is gay. But not my one brother. He’s not gay! At all! Nope! He’s as straight as Rob Deer says that Rob Deer is. They are both straight and they know it. But seriously, please vote “No” on this law. You’ll feel better about yourself. And it’s the right thing to do. (That’s about as political as I get.)

8 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude...I am straight and I know it

    ~ Rob Deer ~

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you're right, FistTickleBrick, about this whole marriage amendment thing, but we disagree on the reasons why.

    I personally disagree with the fact that government has anything to do with marriage. Why should they regulate it? Two people enter into a relationship (hopefully) peacefully, and this affects no one but those two people.

    As a Christian, I am astounded by the right-wingers who say that the idea of gay marriage disparages "real marriage". How? If two guys or two gals choose to get married, does that force other people to agree with it? No.

    Let's let people enter into relationships freely without government interferance, regardless of their sexual preference.

    Let everyone else mind their own business.

    -Dan S

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger JP said…

    Hey FTB...thank you for putting this out on your site.

    I said the same thing last night and again this morning.

    I realize it's probably a futile effort, but I feel I have to at least make an effort to get the word out there and encourage people to vote this thing down.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Heather B said…

    As a former Kansan, I am saddened that Kansas has chosen to "go there" with the whole "Protection of Marriage" bull.

    If you want to protect marriage, make all the slap dick, middle-aged sex deprived men wear shock collars. Every time they have a gay thought or make an inappropriate comment to someone they are not married to (ie a 22 year old blonde that works for them), you shock them a good one. Everytime they buy a Hustler and go beat off behind the 7/11, *ZING*!

    At the end of a week (the absolute most considering the number of closet fags in KS), they are at home, with their wives, sitting complacently and a bit dazed. Wife perceives this as love and VOILA the marriage is saved. Holy protectionsim at it's best.

    I pray that all you smart folk in Kansas get out and vote. And by smart, I mean those that vote NO. Come on now.

    Let's work on real issues.

    Heather

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please Kansans vote No. I know my of my friends who live in Kansas are brighter than that.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Basket said…

    Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

    Merci pour est un bon blogger.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Thanks for you visit said…

    Greetings,

    I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



    I have several pages of my own,

    I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
    My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

    My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a arcade games Play Online Arcade Games FREE.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)free 80s arcade game

     

Post a Comment

<< Home