How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, March 07, 2005

I Hate Elmo

For those of you who read my last site, you know that today, March 7th, is Jackass Day. So everyone, especially my friend Ward, have a very happy Jackass Day!!!

My weekend was okay. We didn’t really do anything on Friday night. Watched “24”, but that was about it. Saturday was an okay day. I had to go to the doctor in the morning for my insurance company, to make sure I was insurable. That was pretty uneventful, with the exception that the scale at the doctor’s office said I was 18 pounds heavier than the one at my home said I was. Luckily, my home scale is a lot nicer and a lot newer, so I’ll go with that one. Also, I’m tired of the doctor’s office giving me such a small cup to piss in for my urine sample. I could have filled that cup at least four times. I’m not a huge fan of pinching it so that I don’t piss all over the cup, so maybe a decent sized cup would be nice next time. They didn’t take any blood samples, which I appreciated, and I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I even told the girl she could check me out to see if I had a hernia, but she wasn’t interested. Damn my luck. After that I got my car washed and then came home. Then the fam went to Target to get some stuff for the boy. After that I stopped by a friend’s house while my wife went to run errands. That night my in-laws watched my son so we could go see a movie. We decided to see 2004 Best Picture “Million Dollar Baby”. This movie is one of those movies where I think it’s a good movie, yet I didn’t particularly like it. The acting was great, but the story was such a downer and predictable (at least to me) about halfway through the movie. I liked “Sideways” a whole lot better. On Sunday, I slept until 10:30 AM. I needed that. “Surreal Life” was another downer, as it wasn’t that funny (with the exception of Adrienne repeatedly calling Chyna’s ex-boyfriend a “douchebag”). That afternoon I watched the crappy KU/Missouri game, while also playing outside with the boy as the weather was perfect. Seventy degrees, sunny, with blue skies. It was awesome. After the game, we went to the in-laws’ house to celebrate my sister-in-law’s birthday. Good times, as the dinner was delicious as always. We came home, watched “Celebrity Fit Club” and went to bed. That was my weekend.

One thing that’s been noticeable lately is how people always are referring to themselves in the third person. Rickey Henderson is the prime example of this (Rickey’s cleats keep breakin’ so Rickey can’t run so fast!”) Anyway, I don’t expect this trend to get better, and in fact I expect it to get much worse. The reason? Elmo from “Sesame Street”. Holy crap am I starting to hate that guy, and my kid isn’t even one year old yet! All I hear is “Elmo’s singing ‘Elmo’s Song’” in which the words pretty much consist of “La”, “Elmo’s”, and “Song”. Then it’s “Elmo’s hungry,” or “Elmo loves you,” or “Elmo’s taking a crap,” or some other Elmo task that Elmo tells you that Elmo is doing or Elmo wants to do. He’s worse than the “Jimmy” character on that “Seinfeld” episode. That is just horseshit. So Fist Tickle Brick expects this to get worse and worse in the future, and Fist Tickle Brick is not too happy about it.

Fist Tickle Brick out!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Doncock said…

    Is Johnny Knoxville the Grand Marshal of the parade today?

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger caddylac said…

    Looks like you have passed one of the many parenting tests layed out before you.....pretty soon you'll be wishing for the Wiggles to break up and never to hear their 3 songs again, like "Fruit Salad", yeah now every parent hates me cuz that song will get stuck in your head for years....fuckers! You'll be hating all of them shortly, it's just part of being a parent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home