How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Although On My Honeymoon People Kept Referring To Me As "Wisconsin"

I was watching “The Amazing Race” last night, and they have that guy they call “Boston Rob” on there who was on two seasons of “Survivor” previously. I don’t have too much of an opinion of him as a guy, although I think he’s a little shady. My wife thinks he’s the perfect guy to have on a reality show. Who knows, maybe he’ll be on the next season of “Surreal Life”, although you’d think they’d have to have his fiancée Amber on there too (By the way, I think my current dream cast of the next season of “Surreal Life” would be Jenna Jameson, Shannen Doherty, Corey Haim, Slash, Ralphie May, Danny Pintauro, and maybe that bitch Omarosa just to make things interesting). But about Rob, and I’ve noticed this on other reality shows, too (especially “The Real World”): Does anyone else notice that when someone from Boston is on one of the reality shows (or really in life) that they make it very obvious that that they’re from there? And I’m not talking about the accent (which by the way is awesome). They all wear Red Sox hats. They talk repeatedly about how they are from Boston. If they have a shot of them from their hometown, they will always have a shot of Fenway Park in the montage. Don’t get me wrong. I love Boston. Great town. No better place in the world to be a janitor and go around looking to fight smahht kids. But I am originally from Wisconsin, and I absolutely love Wisconsin, but I think most people know me for a little while before they realize I grew up there. At least a week. Meet someone from Boston, and I guarantee you that you will know within the first five minutes that they are from there. Even when I was in Boston, and using my wicked-sweet Bah-ston accent that I had perfected before going there (which I have lost the ability to pull out since), strangers would ask where we lived, and I think they did that just so that they could bring up the fact that they’re from Boston. No other place in the country is it like that. Well, except Texas. No other city though is like that. Chicago is sort of like that, but they’re not even close to acting like Bostonians. Maybe Moline is closest, because everyone from Moline is proud of being from there and bring it up all the time. Moline is the Rock City, you know.

I have to tell you will all sincerity that I am extremely disappointed that at this time only two people posted comments from that movie site I posted yesterday. Very disappointed. Almost as disappointed in the fact that “Kingpin” didn’t make the list.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Rob Deer said…

    I know that Moline isn't anything like Chicago, Texas or BOSTON... But Damn it... Moline Rock City is one of the greatest towns in the country. Did I ever tell you that John Deere started there? I think that you will finally realize how awesome Moline Rock City is when you finally visit. We will check out the Bent River Brewery and have blonde ale while we are there. “Nothing goes down like a blonde” in Moline Rock City... DAMN I LOVE THAT TOWN!!!!

    ~ ROB DEER ~

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger JP said…

    Speaking of Movie Quotes, ESPN's Page 3 has a list of the Top 100 sports movie quotes. (Either the scene or the quote has to be sports-related.)

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boy, from my experience, people in Moline don't think very highly of their town. Its been through a tough couple decades.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pink Ladee says...

    Great post! I laughed out loud at the janitor smaht kids thing. of course, it seems to not take much to amuse me, as I love Napoleon Dynamite. Did you know that movie was made by Mormons? Fist, do you have a thing against Mormons??

    Also, Detroit is the Rock City. Also, people from Portland Oregon are pretty much up your butt about their city. They always talk about how great it is and ask, 'So, I bet you wanna move here, when are you moving here?' They don't like it much when you tell them it's pretty much like Milwaukee with better public transit.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Doncock said…

    Hey, yeah...Kingpin obviously wins the NIT. They're the bubble team that beat Fletch twice during the regular season, but then lost to Howard the Duck, Night at the Roxbury, and Mr. Bean. And I too was disappointed in the lack of response to the movie bracket post. I NEED PLAYERS!

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Sc South Carolina House Cleaning said…

    Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
    blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
    visited again!
    Check out my va virginia house cleaning blog, please!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home