How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ta Da!!!

Well, here it is. The real debut of Fist Tickle Brick. There are a few things I have to explain before I start:

First of all, I didn’t really have a choice in shutting down the last site that I did. Here’s the gist of what happened: I got a promotion at work. I was pretty excited about it. Only two people in the entire group got this promotion, and I was lucky enough to be one of them. Well, after I got the promotion, or actually when it was announced, within seconds people were pissed off and acted like dicks. Not so much that I got the promotion, I was told, but for other reasons. They didn’t know there was such a title. They felt they should have gotten it. Blah blah blah. Anyway, so I got the promotion, and the backlash began. People who I thought were my friends (and were on the last site’s mailing list) went to one of the supervisors and complained about my site. It was bullshit. People were forwarding my emails to the supervisor, and she had a problem with it. Why? I’m not so sure, since I didn’t mention any names, use the company’s name, or basically say anything that I thought was a problem. Plus I was getting my shit done. Well, I guess I was mistaken, and the other supervisor, my supervisor (who kicks ass by the way), told me that apparently people had a problem with me writing it and complained to the other supervisor about it. She defended me, saying that I was one of the best performers in the group (if not the best), didn’t take three smoke breaks an hour, don’t socialize at other people’s cubes all day, and never caused any problems. She actually told me that she thought I should keep writing it, because I wasn’t doing anything wrong, but she agreed with me that it was probably the smart thing to do to stop. I didn’t want there to be a problem with it with one of the supervisors, so I stopped. Well, after I emailed people announcing the end of the site, I went over to my manager to thank him for the promotion. I told him that I worked hard to get it, and that I appreciated it. Basically he told me that I could be working a lot harder, and that I needed to stop the site. I was kinda floored and pissed about this, because he kept going on about it and how I could get in trouble with HR because of slander and was wasting time. Which is funny, because I don’t think I ever wrote anything that was untrue about anyone I worked with (whose names I didn’t use) and I rarely socialize and I don’t smoke or take smoke breaks. So that pissed me off, on top of the backlash from my co-workers. And the main thing that pissed me off is that one of the people who complained about my site to the supervisor was the dude who got the other promotion. A guy who was on my mailing list, and someone who had always acted like a friend. I have no idea why he did that, but he did. He even sent an instant message to one of the pissed off people in my group (who then printed it out) which said that the only reason I got the promotion was because my supervisor wanted to give one to someone under her. Which by the way is total bullshit, but I can’t go into that whole thing here. At least not now. Basically, what should have been a great and happy day for me was ruined because of being told by my manager that I wasn’t working hard enough, I was told that a supervisor had a major problem with my site, and then finding out that people who I believed were my friends had a serious case of sour grapes and pretty much tried to get me in trouble, or possibly fired. So not to go on forever about it, but that’s why the last site stopped. I didn’t really have an option.

Secondly, Fist Tickle Brick is nothing dirty. Basically it came from my idea that the best way to name a band is to have three people each write down a word and then they combine them to create the band name. One night some of my friends and I were at a brewpub, and we tried it. We didn’t write it down, but we each thought of a word, and then told the first guy to say his word, then me, and then the last guy. The first guy said, “Fist.” I said, “Tickle.” And the last guy said, “Brick.” That is basically it. Nothing to do with fisting or anything like that, although maybe that should become a new term. But for now, it’s just a kick ass name.

Also, I am cool with you forwarding this site to others. Just please, and I beg of you, please don’t send it to people at my work who might try and get me in trouble or who might have a problem with what I write. I have a wife and kid, and I kinda need my job. So I’d like to keep it. I seriously never thought this would be an issue or something I’d have to address, but apparently it is. Thanks.

Lastly, I won’t be updating this every day. I don’t think, at least. I might, but it’s not likely, as with my new promotion I have been really, really busy. And I might just write if I think I have something interesting to say. And when I do write a new entry, I probably won’t have it done until after noon Central Time. I will have to spread out when I write during my work day, to avoid people noticing me writing it. Because there are a lot of fuckers that I do not trust now. But I will try to keep in touch so that you’ll know what the deal is. Feel free to post some comments, and I will try to give you some more interesting shit tomorrow.

Everybody sucks! Except you of course. I like you.

13 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First comment for Fist Tickle Brick.

    BOO YAH!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a friggin' drag, man... oh, and congratulations!!! --Danielson

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's about time!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the promotion! Im'sorry you work with a bunch of assholes - I work with some too. I'm so glad you are back to writing!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger freakd said…

    Keep on writin' on!!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a bunch of bullshit, dan! too bad those losers couldn't be happy for their supposed friend:) i'm glad you're back on!!! congrats on your promotion! aimee

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those people are just bitter and have nothing better to do with their time. When our group gave out promotions awhile back, there was a lot of "it should of been me" or "he doesn't deserve it" and in the end all the bitching didn't get them a promotion. Congratulation, you really did deserve it!!!
    KJ

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a valuable lesson learned Dan.

    1. Never sleep with co-workers because they can turn on you.
    2. Sleep with supervisors and management whenever possible.

    Apply this properly with your new position and never be afraid to try new positions...

    -Jake Boot

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger kcarod said…

    woo wee! that tobasco is HOT! psh, gluck gluck gluck gluck gluck!
    so...if you receive any money, does that mean i get some compensation for contributing to the band name that you are using?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger JP said…

    Way to go FTB! Welcome back.

    Sorry all that shit happened to you at work...glad you're able to re-start. I don't blame you for spreading out your posting...probably a good idea.

    Keep up the great work!

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back!

    King|D

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're still a Homo!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GAWD the system sucks sometimes. I thought that high-schoolish crap stopped, well, in high school. Whatever. Congrats, man! CArry on! Don't let 'the man' or any of his underpaid flunkies get you down. c'dude :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home