How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Sean Penn Also Is Good Friends With Lars Ulrich

Our babysitter is sick, so I'm home with the boy. My wife was home in the A.M., and I took over at lunch. I just put the kiddo to bed, so now I'll try to write a few things for you. Hmm...let's see...

You know who's a really good actor? Sean Penn. You know who has the sense of humor of an aluminum can? Also Sean Penn. After watching the Oscars last night, I decided that he might be the least fun person ever. I thought Chris Rock killed last night. I don't think anyone's ever been funnier as a host. Nothing against Billy Crystal, but his little singing act was old after the first time he did it. And Rock's comments about Jude Law being in every movie and "Who the hell is Jude Law?!?!?" were obviously in jest. Seriously, Law was in six (SIX!) movies that came out after Labor Day ("I Heart Huckabees", "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow", "Alfie", "Closer", "The Aviator" and "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events"), so it did seem that he was in every movie. (It's called "hyperbole", Sean.) And it's not like he's Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey, or even Sean Penn. So why Penn felt the urge to make a comment about Rock's comment was pretty fucking lame. I wonder if Penn would have defended Ben Stiller if Rock made a comment about him (Stiller was also in six movies in 2004, although most of them were released before August so the joke wouldn't have been as funny, at least not to me). I really doubt it. But old Sean, never one to take himself too seriously (ahem), felt like he had to defend his colleague. I'm sure Law got the freaking joke, and he's probably disappointed that Penn said anything since it looks like he can't take a joke either. And I've seen Jude Law on stuff like "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and "The Daily Show", and he does have a sense of humor. Seemed like a pretty good guy. The only real excuse I can give for Penn feeling the need to pipe in his unsolicited two-cents about this is to say that after making such comedy classics as "Shanghai Surprise" and "We're No Angels", you wouldn't have any sense of humor either.

And I think it's official. Any movie starring Sean Penn is a downer of a film. Think about some of his recent films. "Mystic River": Good movie. Huge downer. "Dead Man Walking": Great Movie. Tremendous downer. "The Thin Red Line": Piece of shit and a downer. "21 Grams": Okay movie, another big downer. Take all those and throw in one of the worst piece-of-shit movies ever in "I Am Sam, The Retard Father", and I really wish he went back to saying that he wasn't going to act anymore. I'd consider it a huge favor if he did quit acting. I'm guessing he has a lot of Prozac stock or something.

Well, I'm gonna go now. Have a great day, what's left of it

6 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Geek Brick said…

    Spicoli's head needs to be quickly deflated. I thought "Team America: World Police" would have done the trick.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Doncock said…

    The impression that I came away with from the Oscars is that Sean Penn is one of the least likeable stars, while Jamie Foxx seems like one of the most likeable.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger c'dude said…

    No really, who the hell IS Jude Law???

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger c'dude said…

    Best quote from the Oscars:
    Andrea Arnold
    "this is the dog's bollocks"

    priceless. Irish chicks flat-out rock. Cheers.

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger rs6471 said…

    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
    Douglas Adams- Posters.

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Wy Wyoming House Cleaning said…

    Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
    got my attention and I will go to the site again!
    Check out my pr puerto rico house cleaning blog, you won't be sorry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home