How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

New Mexican Restaurant

There's a new Mexican restaurant between my work and my home, and I went there with some friends for lunch today. The tacos were good, but they were $2 a piece. Not cheap. And I got a tamale too, but it wasn't very good. The corn part of it was green, and it was like Jello. At least it wasn't sweet like Jello, but the texture was Jello-like and I didn't like it. The place was kinda weird because it was like a Mexican grocery store too (they sold stuff to make tamales, peppers, bananas that were black, tortillas, etc.) and they only had like 4 tables there. Another thing that was odd was that they serve breakfast (all day), but they don't open up until 10 AM. Even on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if I want to go there again. Their menu was pretty much $2 tacos, Mexican sandwiches (I didn't know there was such a thing), quesadillas, and a few other random things. They didn't even have burritos! It's not the best Mexican restaurant in the world, needless to say (although I felt the need to write it). Now I know why my Mexican friend didn't join us. Well, that and because he probably went home and jerked off.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That restaurant sounds like truly authentic Mexican and that's probably why it kind of sucked. I had to laugh at the black bananas. I still don't know exactly what those are for! No place sells burritos here so that makes sense, too. Burritos are Tex-Mex and not eaten in Mexico. All the really good Mexican food is Tex-Mex (in my opinion). Oh and nothing opens early. Even some coffee cafes don't open until like 10 on the weekends. It seems like some real Mexicans are running that joint!aim

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Pink Ladee said…

    Those black bananas are plantains and they can be damn tasty. the best way i've seen them prepared is sliced and made into chips (not fried), which are fantastic with guacamole.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home