How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Merry Ash Wednesday

Am I the only one who doesn’t care anymore about “American Idol” now that the preliminary judging is over with? It’s not so much that I like to see the terrible singers sing. I do like that, but it’s not the best part. What I like is seeing are the people in total denial of how terrible they are, and then see their families tell them that they are indeed talented and destined for super-duper stardom. I especially liked the one girl who said that Simon told her she was the best he’s heard, yet turned her down, when he actually said she had some potential but needed to work really, really hard to improve. And then her family was outraged about the “fact” that he rejected “the most talented singer he’s heard all day”. That’s good stuff. I also liked the lady who practically had an orgasm and fainted when her kid made it to the Hollywood auditions. That wasn’t too dramatic. Anyway, I saw part of the show last night, and there were a few family members in the crowd that they showed, but not nearly enough and not delusional enough for me to stay interested.

For the last few Februarys, I haven’t drank any alcohol (with the exception of when I’m at bowling, although I didn’t drink at bowling at last week and don’t plan on tonight or the rest of the month, but that depends on how I bowl). People always then ask me why, and I usually say that it’s just something I’ve done to maybe lose a few pounds. Then they usually will ask, “Why February?” They might also ask if I do it for Lent, which isn’t the case. Or they’ll say in a smart-ass way if I do it because February is the shortest month. But that’s not why I pick February either. It’s just that February is really the best month to not drink, because January has the NFL playoffs and Bowl games, not to mention my anniversary. March has March Madness and St. Patrick’s Day. April is Opening Day for baseball. May has Memorial Day weekend. June through August is summer, and that’s the most enjoyable time to get home after work and relax and drink a beer or have a couple with some friends at a bar’s patio. September has Labor Day weekend. October is Mrs. Brick’s birthday, along with a few other friends’ birthdays. November is when my birthday is, as well as Thanksgiving. And December is when New Year’s Eve takes place, so it’s a given that I’ll have a couple of drinks then. So basically it seems that February is the most logical month for me not to drink (even though the Super Bowl is now in February). But I think from now on, if someone asks me why I don’t drink in February, I’m just going to tell them that it’s because it’s Black History Month. I think the reaction I’d get would be pretty funny.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know that you love the anonymous posting so I went ahead and refused to sign in. People are really going to look at you funny when you give them "Black History" month for a reason that you don't drink in February. Actually some people may be offended so just be a man and tell them that you are goofy and you like to make people ask dumb questions.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just tell the to go fuck themselves...you'll do what you want you when you want to do it, if they can't deal with that then.....fuck em!!! hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home