How About Some More Crap You Can Read?

Here you can read about crap, stuff, or whatever you want to call whatever I write.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

It's Better to be a Drunk than a Boring Sober Guy

Apparently I am the most boring sober person of all time. At least that’s what I’ve gathered from the opinions of the people in my bowling league. Well, I’ve heard that before on several occasions, more or less. “Why aren’t you drinking?” is something I hear quite a lot. “Why aren’t you being yourself?” is what I usually get, as apparently I’m more myself when I drink. Anyway, I told people at bowling last night that if I didn’t get a 600 series, I would drink a beer or two next week (my average is 198, so a 600 series would be pretty good for me). And I was well on my way to bowling like a 400 series, as I had a 21 after the first three frames of my first game with no marks. Then I got mad or annoyed or something, because from then on I shot lights-out (again, for my standards). I ended up with a 198 that first game, and also bowled a 221 and a 207 for a 626 series. But still, even though I bowled well, I kept getting asked by everyone what my deal was. The bartender, the waitress, Doncock, the Silent Assassin and his wife. Even the older couple on my team, who I thought were not so big on drinking, told me that I was more fun when I drank. I thought I was the only one who thought I was fun when I drank, but apparently that’s not the case. Everyone does. Actually, I think the way it was phrased by a few people was that I was either a whole lot more boring sober, or it looks like I’m not having any fun. I get the latter a lot, even from my wife. Even the lady on the other team who I’ve never talked to before in my life said something to that effect. So I think that I will have to succumb to the peer pressure and have a beer or two next week at bowling. Basically to be less annoyed. Er, I mean, so that I can fun and have a great time!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Doncock said…

    Lighten up, France-fist. Nobody's actually serious about that. Apparently your ability to take a joke is also lower when you're sober! Besides, drinking more makes the Silent Assassin funnier, doesn't it?

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger JP said…

    So basically, we should just call you Fun Bobby?

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger c'dude said…

    Ever since I stopped taking those four-beer lunches, people have been asking me the same shit, too. What gives?

    Ted Nugent rules.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home